These Gluten Free English Muffins are a life saver. We make extra and keep them in fridge to eat on for a week or so.
2 cups Miracle Flour Blend
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 TBL. honey
1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
2 TBL. Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 egg, room temp and slightly beaten
1 cup coconut milk (regular milk is fine)
1. Heat oven to 400. Using coconut oil grease the inside of your English Muffin rings. (Fox Run) Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of stand mixer: add Miracle Flour Blend, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well.
3. Add honey, oil, vinegar, egg and milk. Mix with paddle attachment after each addition. The dough will be sticky.
4. Heat cast iron skillet over high heat. Place two rings at a time on it. Using a well-greased ladle, scoop out dough and drop into ring. Keep a dish of water close and dip fingers in it. Press down on dough to smooth evenly. Keep a close eye on the bottom of muffin and after about 30 -45 seconds turn. They should be light brown.
Repeat with other side.
5. Using a spatula lift out of skillet and place on parchment lined pan. When all rings are finished, bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm. Remove rings immediately and slice and toast or eat it without toasting with some butter and honey. Wow! These are great.
*Invest in some rings, they are about $5 a set and so worth it. I used to spend $5.69 for a package of Gluten Free English Muffins. Not anymore.
**Original recipe came from Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Quick and Easy. I just slightly modified and use our Miracle Flour Blend of course.