I always make my Mud Pie for our Fourth of July get together. It’s tradition. Just last week my son Connor asked me when I was making it. Said he can’t wait. This recipe is super easy and just a must on a hot summer day. I hope you will give it a try and make one.
Start with making my GF Graham Cracker crumbs to use for the crust.
- 2 c. GF Graham Crackers or store bought GF Crumbs
- 2 TBL. Cocoa
- ¼ cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 TBL. melted butter (feel free to add more if needed)
Mix well and press into a 13×9 pan.
- Coffee Flavored Ice Cream or I use Kemps Frozen Vanilla yogurt. Soften and add ½ cup of strong coffee. Whip and then follow recipe.)
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Cool whip
Soften ice cream and spoon onto crust and smooth out. Should not be too soft or runny. Freeze for thirty minutes or until firm again. Then melt fudge sauce according to package directions, just enough to pour (but not hot). Spread over ice cream and stick back into freezer overnight. Spread softened whipped topping over the top and stick back into freezer for at least one hour. It is ready to cut and serve. I let sit out for about 15-20 minutes to soften enough to cut.
Everyone absolutely loves this dessert. Enjoy!
Hot Fudge Sauce
⅓ cup light coconut milk
6 TBL. unsweetened cocoa Powder
3 TBL. unsalted Butter
½ pure cane sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1. In small saucepan, put your cocoa powder and slowly add coconut milk stirring as you add with a whisk. To mix well and eliminate clumps.
2. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and add butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Bring back to a boil, and do a slow simmer boil for 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and cool.
*I store it in a mason jar and heat as needed.