1½ cups Gluten Free Low Sodium Chicken Broth (Pacifica)
¾ cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. minced jalapeño
½ tsp. oregano
pinch of cayenne
½ tsp. ground cumin
pinch of ground cloves
2 cans of Great Northern White Beans
1 TBL. Lime Juice
8 oz. Chicken Breast (cooked and shredded)
2 TBL. Fresh chopped Cilantro
1. In medium pan add 2 TBL chicken broth and onion. Sauté over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, jalapeño, and spices.
3. Add beans, lime juice and remaining broth.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
5. Add chicken and adjust seasonings to taste. (salt and pepper)
6. Ladle into bowl and top with cilantro.
I am not sure where I got this recipe from. I’ve had it forever. It is so flavorful and not real spicy. If you want it spicier, add more cayenne and tobasco if you like.