To describe this Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake is impossible. It’s indescribably good. I topped it with a glaze, you really don’t need it. I did it more for appearances sake. But, Wow! It is fabulous.
This is a 3 to 4 step process, depending on if you make the glaze or not.
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup chopped pecans
⅓ cup GF Quick Oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
½ cup Miracle Flour Blend
4 Tbl. butter, softened
1. Whisk dry together, add butter in pieces and mix well with spatula. You want it a bit crumbly, but not overly dry. Set aside.
Step 2 – Filling
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbl. ground cinnamon
3 Tbl. butter, melted
1 Tbl. water
1. Whisk together and set aside.
Step 3 – Batter
½ cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
1 cup rice milk (or milk)
½ cup pure cane sugar
1 cup Miracle Flour Blend
¾ cup coconut flour (if you don’t have it you can use Miracle Flour Blend or Almond Meal)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
½ cup GF Quick Oats
2 Tbl. Arrowroot (or Cornstarch)
1 Tbl. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbl. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray with oil 8×11.5 pyrex dish or pan.
2. Mix oil, eggs and sugar in bowl of stand mixer.
3. In separate bowl mix dry ingredients well with a whisk. Add to wet alternating with milk. Blend until smooth. Spatula half of the batter into pan and spread evenly.
4. Add filling and top with the rest of the batter and spread evenly. Sprinkle topping on top.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes until middle will not indent when touched and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before slicing. Top each piece individually with glaze if desired. Re-heats well, that’s why I don’t glaze the whole thing at once.
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 Tbl vanilla
1-2 Tbl. Rice Milk or Coconut Milk
1. whisk well til smooth.